Saturday, October 22, 2011

Rish on "Star Trek: Outpost"

I hadn't mentioned this before, I'm not sure why. I recently did a three episode arc over at Giant Gnome Productions' "Star Trek: Outpost" series. The storyline is called "The Melnoran Solution," written by Tony Raymond and Daniel McIntosh.

This Trek series is very dialogue-heavy (as would be expected in audio), and this series of episodes are heavy on politics and protocol. Audio drama is really hard to write and pull off. I don't really know the series, except that it is very popular, award-winning, and each episode is massive, around an hour ten.

I play the part of Kar'rl Droonga, a Betazoid emissary, and his character takes a bit of a turn in his later appearances. It surprised me, since I wondered if I played the part correctly, not knowing where it was going. It must be a bit like playing a part on a TV show with no idea what is to come, only to find out your character is a murderer, or a spy, or a love interest, or is killed, as soon as you get the next script.

It was one of the more difficult productions I've worked on, and required a hell of a lot more time than I'm used to. But the show is high-quality and professional, with original score, sound effects, and a full cast of better-than-average actors, so I guess it's worth it in the end.

Or you can be the judge.
Part I
Part II
Part III
Red Shirt Rish Outfield

No comments:

Post a Comment