Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Rish's story "The Gold Bug" on Journey Into...

Our buddy Marshal Latham has an Edgar Allan Poe contest every year on his "Journey Into..." podcast.  The rule of the contest (other than length) is that it has to take the title of a Poe story or poem, and has to be Mystery or Horror or Suspense or whatever "Ligeia" was.

I nearly entered last year, but failed to do so, so I made sure to enter the next time I got the chance, remembering a time when our family traveled to California, and I saw the same car (with a dirty magazine in its window) both in Redlands and Santa Monica, California (despite the two hours distance between them).  I knew that if I changed the car to a VW beetle, I could call the story "The Gold Bug."

So I did, and now it's available over there in audio form right now.  It tells the tale of an eleven year old boy encountering a mysterious car on a family vacation, and is narrated by Pat Krane of the "That TV Show" and "Convert To Raid" podcasts.
I'm sure mine is not the best tale that could be made from the experience I had all those years ago, but Marshal seemed to like it enough to make it one of the winners of his contest (despite not knowing who the author was), so it's conceivable that someone out there will like it.  Check it out here: http://www.journeyintopodcast.blogspot.com/2014/02/journey-88-gold-bug-by-rish-outfield.html

Rish Outfield, Goldbugger

No comments:

Post a Comment