Thursday, November 8, 2012

Two Rish Outfield stories for the listening

Rish here.  I was lucky enough to have two of my stories podcast recently (three, if you count my "Masters of the Macabre" contest entry being re-podcast on "Journey Into..." the other day*), and I don't wince quite as much listening to them as I did with "The Bend."

First, my ghost story "Old Man River," was recently read on the Way of the Buffalo podcast.  In it, an old man comes into a convenience store on his way to a supernatural reunion, and tells his tale to the guy behind the counter. 

The Round Table Podcast's Dave Robison read the story, pacing it just right, and doing an admirable old man voice.  So, thanks to Hugh O'Donnell, you can hear my story over at http://wayofthebuffalopodcast.blogspot.com/2012/10/story-old-man-river-by-rish-outfield.html.  Maybe you'll like it.

Second, my tale "The Visitor" was presented on the Midnight Circle horror podcast.  This one has an old woman as the protagonist (for a change), who comes home to find a note from the Grim Reaper on her door. 

It was read by William Macrae-Smith, and can be found at  http://midnightcircle.com/the-visitor.  This is the kind of podcast I'd probably have myself, if Big and I hadn't done the Dunesteef together, though my episodes would be irritatingly long (as you well know).

Besides the elderly characters in both, it just occurred to me that they both have something else in common.  Of course, you'll have to listen to them to discover for yourself.

I've had something of an embarrassment of riches when it comes to my work showing up on podcasts lately, and it's been terribly encouraging.

Rish "Old Visitor" Outfield

*If you haven't heard it, it's a pretty fun story.  Plus, I got to take a few minutes and polish it up for its rebroadcast, without a deadline rushing me along, so it sounds a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment