Thursday, November 10, 2011

Rish on "Old Year's Day"

Mike Murphy over at Misfits Audio writes a lot of audio dramas. It seems like there's a new one up every couple of weeks. I did a bit part in his newest one, "Old Year's Day," which is a fun story about an old woman who makes a deal with the devil to go back to when she was young and happy.

I might not even write about it, since I have three or fewer lines, but I really enjoy these type of stories, of people trying to best the devil, get out of their deals, or the clever way Old Scratch gets one over on them after all. I wonder if you could make a TV show with the devil as one of the protagonists. Every week, he meets somebody new, observes them for a while, then tries to offer them their heart's desire in return for their soul. Maybe there's another main character whose job it is to help the mortal win in the end. Sometimes it works out for the good guys, sometimes for the baddies. Heck, you could call it "Beat the Devil," I don't know.

Anyway, check it out if you have a few minutes and enjoy audio dramas over at www.misfitsaudio.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment