Saturday, March 7, 2020

Rish Performs "An Infinite Number of Idiots" on StarShipSofa

Rish here.

If you don't follow my personal blog, you wouldn't know that I recently got an assignment to narrate a story for StarShipSofa, and then (somehow) screwed up and sent the producer of StarShipSofa my unedited recording instead of the finished one.  They sent it back to me with a "Hey kid, this needs to be edited" memo, and I therefore made a dread prediction that that would be the last time I was asked to do a story for them.

Well, the episode featuring that story has already dropped, with zero fanfare from me (or anyone else), so I guess I better mention it before it's gone.

"An Infinite Number of Idiots" by Robert Jeschonek is told from the point of view of an alien civilization that gets visited by a (pretty recognizable) group of interstellar travelers.  The visitors barge into their lives, make value judgments on their society, interfere with their customs and observances, and their captain relentlessly attempts to seduce the narrator's wife.  It's also a surprisingly dark story, despite how I'm presenting it.

So, HERE'S THE LINK, if you're interested.  If not . . . well, maybe they will ask me again.  I won't bet on it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment