Monday, April 20, 2015

Rish Performs "Drink To Me Only With Labyrinthian Eyes" on Pseudopod

Pseudopod is a horror fiction podcast that is, amazingly, over four hundred episodes long, hosted by the lord of hosts, Alisdair Stuart.  A couple of those episodes have, unfortunately, been tainted by my foul narrations, and this week's is one of them.


The story is--deep breath--"Drink To Me Only With Labyrinthine Eyes," written by Tom Ligotti.  As the title suggests, this was a bit of a throwback kind of story, reminding me of Poe--"The Tell-tale Heart," "The Cask of Amontillado," and most of all  "The Masque of the Red Death."

The narrator is an entertainer, a mesmerist, and I tried to sound like a cross between a showman and Vincent Price in an old Roger Corman Poe adaptation.  I tried to sound more classically old-fashioned in my narration, and the story was quite difficult to perform naturally, so check it out yourself to see if I succeeded.

Here's the link: http://pseudopod.org/2015/04/17/pseudopod-434-drink-to-me-only-with-labyrinthine-eyes/

Rish "Labyrinthine Arse" Outfield

No comments:

Post a Comment