Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Thanks Again

A little while ago, Scott Pigg donated a whole bunch of new recording equipment to the show. It arrived in installments, making each day seem like another day in Chanukah, even though I'm not Jewish and really have no idea what Hanukkah might actually be like, or how it might be spelled.

Once it all came, I went about trying to set it all up, and found one slight problem, the screw in part on the microphones didn't fit the screw on part on the stands. I was flummoxed. I had no idea how to remedy that problem. Maybe there was an adapter somewhere that I could get that would join the two?

Well, you know my way, what I did instead was nothing. The equipment sat there in my room, filling me with that Jewish guilt that I shouldn't be able to have, since, again, I'm not Jewish, but there it was.

I figured I'd send Scott an email with a picture of the screw in and the screw on, and see if he knew what we should do. First, though, I figured I'd take a look at it one more time, and see if I could figure it out.

He he. If only I'd done that sooner. Within seconds I realized that there was an adapter. It was already screwed into the microphones. It adapted the mics to smaller screw ons, and all I had to do was remove it, and then my screw ins would fit the screw ons.

Before I knew it, I had the whole works set up, and we were in business. We're still learning how to use it a little bit, so hopefully things don't sound worse because of our cluelessness when it comes to technical matters. But starting with the next episode, you'll be hearing us on our new equipment. How about that?

Oh, here's a picture of us from Monday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment