Tuesday, October 5, 2010

This Week

Last night, Big and I got together for our weekly recording session. We were unable to do so last week because of familial obligations, so we really tried to make up for it. We recorded some lines for Abbie Hilton, a couple of promos, an episode for an upcoming Michael Stone story, and tried to finish up our next episode, a story called "Tattletale." In it, there are two children (ages six and four), and both of them have to give a fearful performance and do a lot of screaming.

I had my niece do one of the characters the other day, and she did well. For the other child, Big sat his little girl down in front of the microphone, and got what I think is the best performance out of her so far. He's a little more patient than--okay, he's a hell of a lot more patient than I am, and I hope that pays off in the finished product. My suspicion is that absolutely no one would have faulted us had we just voiced the little children ourselves (or gotten Liz to do it, since she sounds about thirteen on a good day), but I hope the story works better with actual children, even if it's a lot harder to get them to be natural and believable. We'll see in a few days.

After that, we went for our weekly walk (pretty much the only exercise I get nowadays), looked at Halloween costumes at Walmart, got some gas, and came back for (what we thought would be) a brief "That Gets My Goat."

And oh, the humanity, it spiraled out of control, to the point where we (or more accurately, I) were still yammering on at three in the morning. I'll probably end up cutting that show into two or maybe three parts, if you're interested.

And the episode of the show proper we recorded consisted of us spinning our wheels, since we both had very little to say about the story itself. We insulted each other and joked around for most of it, laughing harder than we do on three shows. So my prediction is thus: either it's going to be everybody's favorite episode, or it'll be the one that makes them quit the show.

Either way, should be fun.

Rish "The Mouth" Outfield

2 comments:

  1. First comment rights. Yah. Thanks for keeping us updated. We all love the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize this was here until I listened to the latest episode. Thank you guys!

    I think I'm going to go back and start listening to the podcast from the beginning again. Just listened to the first six of the 'goats' today. Walking down the streets in Hong Kong snickering to myself.

    I really liked that 'volume number page number' thing. I think it was a really cool and creative idea to evoke the feeling of a magazine in the audio format.

    and yeah, i'm one of those listeners who, if I only have 1/2 hour, will fast-forward past the story and go to check out you guys talking. That's actually what I did this week. I'll go back and listen to the story later. That's good too.

    thanks,
    Nigel

    ReplyDelete